Diana Chapman Walsh Alumnae Hall
Diana Chapman Walsh Alumnae Hall, Wellesley, MA, 02481
The Wellesley College entrance is about ¼ mile west of Wellesley Center on Route 135 / Central St. Turn left off the main road at a set of traffic lights opposite a big WELLESLEY COLLEGE sign.
Once on the campus, take your first right. To park, take the immediate next right to enter the Davis Parking Garage . The theater is opposite the parking garage. Parking is FREE.
Our shows take place in the Ruth Nagel Jones Theatre within the Alumnae Hall building and is located on the lower level of Alumnae Hall.
For the Ruth Nagel Jones Theatre, take a right to go downstairs to the lobby and Box Office.
If you would like a disability entrance, take a left when you enter Alumnae Hall and take the elevator to the first floor. Once you exit the elevator, take a right and go down the hall to the Box Office.
Welcome to Wellesley
- Stroll around Lake Waban at Wellesley College. Walking path begins behind the theatre and is often hiked by students and locals alike due to its beauty: features a glorious lake with swans and canoes, forests, gardens…the list goes on.
- Visit Wellesley College Botanical Gardens. Known by many students as Wellesley’s “Secret Garden” – as in the famous children’s book, the garden is especially lush with flowers and wildlife during the period of our summer show. It is located between the dorm Munger and our Science Center.
- Explore another form of art at the Davis Museum. The college art museum features a wide-range of artwork from many different periods. Must see: the Jackson Pollack and Monet. The museum has no fee for entry and is open Tuesday thru Sunday 11 – 5.
Dinner and a show is a popular night-on-the-town plan. Here are our favorite nearby restaurants:
- Blue Ginger, the original restaurant of Chef Ming Tsai, which serves “East-West cuisine”
- Juniper serves Mediterranean dishes in a “quirky” atmosphere. Reservations only available for parties of 8 or more.
- Bocado Tapas & Wine Bar: Spanish food and drink.
- Cafe Mangal, the “Best of Boston” Turkish BYOB.
- Alta Strada is a cozy Italian restaurant within close proximity to the theatre.